3d Lacrosse, Director, Texas
September 22, 2021
The Director, Texas is the ambassador of 3d Lacrosse in their market and ultimately responsible for the profitable revenue growth of their region. The role is multi-faceted and demands a wide range of skills necessary to develop and sustain a successful lacrosse program and a thriving business. The Director has autonomy to expand the business to meet the demands of the individual market which includes responsibilities for planning, managing and successfully executing the business from human resources to financial performance.
The Director is involved in training and developing 3d’s employees and players to obtain their highest potential. This hands-on role requires a strong lacrosse acumen, ability to create and retain a large customer service base, and the competitive drive to operate autonomously and remotely are also required. The Director must also have great customer service skills, an eye for business development and a competitive drive for success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates ideas and works with internal and external groups to enhance programming.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of short- and long-term organizational strategies.
- Develops new business relationships, generates and negotiates contracts to reach annual target revenue.
- Collaborates with managers and other markets to identify opportunities for expansion.
- Displays leadership and provides leadership training to Managers, Coordinators, Coaches, Players, etc.
- Builds sustainable relationships of trust with parents, coaches, players, vendors, and employees.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and delegates duties to managers and staff.
- Follows up with customers regarding complaints and provides solutions and alternatives.
- Provides expert advice for player development to maximize the player’s experience.
- Facilitates player selection and works with managers to finalize Select teams.
- Coaches and conducts training for Select, town/travel teams, workshops, camps, and other programming.
- Provides personalized recruiting support for high school players.
- Delivers a superior training experience to players and families.
- Holds players accountable and requires sportsmanlike conduct at all times.
- Plans, directs, implements, oversees, and promotes a variety of robust lacrosse programs.
- Attends regular team meetings, planning processes and supports peers in other markets, as needed.
- Recruits coaches based on enrollment size of programs and leagues.
- Acts as the main point of sales in conjunction with the managers in the market.
- Updates and reviews financial dashboards for programming within the market.
- Develops and monitors budgets to keep revenue and expenses within established boundaries.
- Reviews market P&L’s quarterly and proposes needed adjustments to hit company goals and objectives.
- Reviews and approves expense reports.
- Seeks out and evaluates potential players for 3d.
- Promotes players at the collegiate level.
- Stays in constant contact with collegiate recruiters across the nation in all Divisions.
- Evaluates and locates the best recruiting tournaments for individual players and teams to attend.
- Promotes local, regional, and national programming through a variety of communication channels.
- Builds new relationships by introducing ideas and articulating value to clients.
- Identifies and develops new markets and opportunities.
- Confirms with managers or coordinators field permits and insurance have been obtained.
- Confirms contracts and background checks have been conducted as needed for coaches.
- Reviews programs’ financial performance and makes changes and corrections when necessary.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Envision, develop, and implement strategies to address complex business issues.
- Analytical and critical thinking required for problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making and planning.
- Balance workload through motivation and a constructive, positive management style.
- Expert in lacrosse techniques, coaching, safety, teaching the different philosophies for field and box.
- Adept at formulating creative ideas, negotiating and analyzing details for successful programs.
- Perform duties effectively and efficiently even with frequent interruptions or distractions.
This position may supervise coaches, regional managers, and coordinators.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are non-traditional and will include evenings and weekends. Hours can be expected to be upward of 12 hours/day especially during tournaments, events, the summer season and other programs throughout the year.
Frequent travel is expected for this position.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
Master’s Degree in education administration or sports management
Familiarity with NCAA lacrosse rules
Background negotiating contracts with facilities and suppliers.