April 4, 2022
3STEP is looking for an Accounting Manager to assist in the company’s month end accounting close function. 3STEP Sports is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
This role is fulltime in-person at the company’s headquarters in Wilmington, MA.
- Lead the month end close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting on the general ledger and results.
- Manage, coach, and develop a growing team of 3+ direct reports.
- Prepare and review month end journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting for assigned focus areas.
- Review, analyze and provide commentary on balance sheet and income statement account variances.
- Drive deadlines, enhance deliverables, and solve problems.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the reporting and general ledger structure while ensuring the company in compliance with GAAP.
- Recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting procedures to improve month end close processes.
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of varied tasks for direct team.
- Research, resolve and clear outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Assist FP&A team with budget, forecasting and budget to actual reporting processes.
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested.
- Complete other ad hoc requests to assist the Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- CPA certification a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word).
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks, NetSuite and/or other similar systems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business, including non-finance individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work hard with a positive attitude.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.