Accounts Payable Manager
September 2, 2021
3STEP is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to actively support the Accounting Department and the organization as we continue to grow. 3STEP has consolidated the youth sports industry to provide brands the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes across eight sports. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
This role is located in-person at the company’s headquarters in Wilmington, MA.
The Accounts Payable Manager will assist in the company’s daily and monthly accounting functions. The role will report directly to the Controller and will support the 3 Step Accounting function while working as part of the broader team.
Overall, the role will:
- Lead the end-to-end processes for accounts payable and cash focusing on operational excellence.
- Manage, coach, and develop a growing team of 4+ direct reports.
- Own the accounts payable process, including reviewing a high volume of invoice input and payments. Must have a high attention to detail for accuracy, proper general ledger coding, and in accordance with company policies.
- Retain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure.
- Monitor daily cash balances and oversee the daily reconciliation of cash accounts.
- Manage corporate credit card program and expense reports, including verification of proper support, workflow approvals and related reconciliations.
- Maintain and manage vendor master file and new vendor set-up.
- Prepare and review month end journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting for related areas.
- Drive deadlines, enhance deliverables, and solve problems.
- Recommend and implement best practices regarding accounts payable and cash procedures to continuously improve processes.
- Prioritize a high volume of varied tasks for direct team.
- Research, resolve and clear outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Supervise preparation of annual 1099s.
- Provide A/P subject matter expertise in the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested.
- Partner with other team members to accurately forecast future cash flow.
- Complete other ad hoc requests and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word).
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks, NetSuite and/or other similar systems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business, including non-finance individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work hard with a positive attitude.