Assistant Regional Director Co-Op – Zero Gravity Basketball
September 15, 2022
Zero Gravity Basketball is a youth basketball event operator based out of Andover, MA and is the market leader of grassroots events throughout the Northeast, Tri State, and Mid-Atlantic. Zero Gravity plans and manages basketball tournaments, leagues, prep school showcases, clinics and camps for children and young adults to expand their academics through athletic participation. Zero Gravity has many established partnerships including Adidas, Jr. NBA, Wilson, and Gatorade.
The Zero Gravity Assistant to the Regional Director Co-Op is a 4 month (Mid February – Mid June) paid position based out of our corporate office in Andover, MA. The Assistant to the Regional Director Co-Op will work under the guidance of the Regional Director to plan and implement events and tournaments on a weekly basis. Previous co-op’s have gone on to get hired as Division 1 Basketball coaches, front-office positions in professional sports, and many have been offered full-time positions with Zero Gravity Basketball.
- Drive revenue growth through building/maintaining strong customer relationships
- Registering and collecting payments from our vast customer base on a weekly basis
- Securing and confirming facilities for Zero Gravity events in your region
- Assist in hiring part-time event staff on a weekly basis and training them in various capacities (Ticket Sales, Scorekeeping, Site Directing, etc.)
- Confirming teams’ and programs’ tournament schedules on a weekly basis
- Assisting with venue/facility setup and breakdown each week
- Acting as a Site Director at Zero Gravity events and tournaments each weekend throughout our Spring Season
- Major in Sport Management, Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Desire to be an industry leader in sports management
- Ability to work in an extremely demanding, fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Prior event management experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to work extended hours including nights and weekend
- Willing to travel frequently to various locations including the New England, Tri-State, Mid-Atlantic or Southern Regions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.