3STEP Basketball is comprised of more than 15 event operators responsible for hosting some of the largest events in the country. Operators include Adidas 3SSB, Junior Exposure Series, Under Armour Association, Under Armour Future and Rise, Zero Gravity Basketball, All-Academic Basketball, Select Events, along with many others. Additionally, 3STEP Basketball partners with some prestigious brands including Jr. NBA, ESPN, USA Basketball and Gatorade. Our operators plan and manage exposure events, tournaments, leagues, prep school showcases, clinics, camps, and more for children and young adults.
Customer service is our #1 priority before, during and after each tournament. 3STEP focuses on the experience of the players, coaches, supporters, and program directors. Paying close attention to all these groups is vitally important to fulfilling our mission to deliver a circuit of exceptional basketball tournament experiences.
3STEP Basketball is seeking motivated and dependable, sports-minded individuals that are committed to providing an exceptional grassroots experience. The Basketball Operations Co-Op is a 4 month (Mid February – Mid June) paid position based out of our corporate office in Wilmington, MA. The Basketball Operations Co-Op will work under the guidance of various Event Operators to plan and implement events and tournaments on a weekly basis, as well as assist with day-to-day operations. Previous co-op’s have gone on to get hired as Division 1 Basketball coaches, front-office positions in professional sports, and many have been offered full-time positions within 3Step Sports. Additionally, this position can be used for college credit.
• Securing and confirming facilities for events
• Assist in hiring part-time event staff on a weekly basis and training them in various capacities (Ticket Sales, Scorekeeping, Site Directing, etc.)
• Registering and collecting payments from our vast customer base on a weekly basis
• Confirming teams’ and programs’ tournament schedules on a weekly basis
• Assisting with venue/facility setup and breakdown each week
• Acting as a Site Director at weekend events and tournaments throughout our Spring Season
• Drive revenue growth through building/maintaining strong customer relationships
• Major in Sport Management, Business, Marketing, or a related field
• Desire to be an industry leader in sports management
• Ability to work in an extremely demanding, fast-paced environment
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Prior event management experience
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Able to work extended hours including nights and weekends
• Willing to travel frequently to various locations throughout the country
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Scott Geerling at ScottG@ZeroGravityBasketball.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.