Club Manager, Lacrosse
February 23, 2023
About the Company:
3STEP Sports is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring, and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
3STEP Sports is looking for an experienced Club Manager to assist in organizing 15+ highly competitive club teams for the Annapolis Hawks. This position will support all teams, coaches, and families in the program with communication, securing fields, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a person who embraces all facets of successful club lacrosse and exudes a “can-do” attitude. The Club Manager will be expected to maintain regular office hours in the Maryland office during the week, but will also work weekend events throughout the year with some out of town travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of all aspects of club operations from start to finish, to include but not limited to: planning, communication, travel, logistics, staffing, on-site leadership, and dispute/conflict resolution.
- Assisting in hiring, supervising, and ensuring on time payment of coaches.
- Create additional programming to promote Hawks to all levels of play to assist in creating interest in joining the club.
- Coordinate, maintain, and update content on various communication platforms including website, registration systems, social media, and email marketing.
- Coordinate team divisional alignment, tournament selections, securing facilities, and practice schedules.
- Communicate with coaches, players, families and all stakeholders throughout the year.
- Procurement of equipment needs, shipping, supplies, apparel, branded assets, athletic trainers, event staff.
- Create a positive event experience for the players and their families.
- Support HoganLax Event Manager in various events during the year.
Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 3+ years professional experience in club coaching.
- Strong technological skills, including database and document management proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills with teammates, external partners, and customers.
- Strong leadership, assertiveness, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and logical decisions, while paying attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of lacrosse preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working long hours, weekends, outdoors, on your feet, and lifting up to 50lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual salary commensurate with experience
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
3STEP Sports is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.