Coordinator, 3d Lacrosse
December 11, 2020
The Coordinator position provides and manages the backend operations for lacrosse programming, events, tournaments, etc. for assigned markets within 3d Lacrosse.
The Coordinator’s role is multi-faceted as it is responsible for improving the experience of our players, parents, vendors, co-workers and management through first-rate results oriented customer service. The Coordinator exercises independent judgement and makes decisions he or she deems appropriate with respect to his or her duties. Additional markets can be added or changed at any time in order to best support the company’s values, goals and success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Ensures operational excellence by supporting internal and external customers.
- Manages registration for Select teams, tournaments, workshops, events and other programming.
- Administers and signs coaches’, referees’ and field staffs’ contracts for services and payments.
- Identifies processes and procedures to be streamlined for efficiency and economical purposes.
- Develops and maintains schedules for coaches, players and management over a 12-month rolling calendar.
- Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices.
- Trains new hires on 3d processes and procedures.
- Develops and distributes practice and game schedules; sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Confirms delivery dates, for uniforms, equipment, hats, etc. to ensure on time delivery.
- Builds sustainable relationships of trust with parents, coaches, players, vendors and employees by providing clear, honest communication, empathy and compassion, diligence, politeness, cheerfulness and tact.
- Follows up with customers regarding complaints and provides solutions and alternatives.
- Attends 3d local programming, greets parents, coaches and youth and subs for events’ staff during breaks.
- Reviews customer surveys and provides timely feedback to senior management.
- Tracks invoices and expenses against budget and notifies director of concerns.
- Holds customers accountable for outstanding payments and uses his or her discretion to provide discounts and / or credits
- Answers questions, distributes marketing materials.
- Manages market’s website, various means of social media and works with marketing on press releases.
- Works with travel manager for programs that require coaches, players and parents to travel.
- Updates youth, coach, parent and other information in CRM, rosters and other databases.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, CRM, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-sufficient due to the travel of management throughout the year.
- Multi-tasks in a fast-paced high intensity work environment.
- Effective time management even when time is tight, and pressures are high.
- First rate customer service skills which include effective conflict management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Highly organized with a great attention to detail. Should be able to provide accurate written materials.
- Determine priorities without direct supervision.
- Calculate simple math equations (Add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Operate office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax machines, phones, etc.
- Read, write and speak Standard English.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment and on occasion outside. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Factors could include noise at sporting events, interacting with the public and other teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days are Monday through Friday with flexible hours between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and with occasional weekends and evenings.
Some travel is expected for this position.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.