3STEP Sports is looking for an experienced and highly qualified Data Platform Director. 3STEP is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
The Data Platform Director is responsible for the design, implementation, and management of the data platform that will enable the 3Step business to drive the maximum benefit from its data assets. The data platform is an enterprise-wide solution that brings together data, technology, and process to deliver advanced analytics capabilities to the company and its partners.
The Data Platform Director will have the opportunity to build and manage a team of dedicated resources and will collaborate with other IT and Business leaders in the build out of the data platform.
Duties & Responsibilities
For this role, the important attributes for the Enterprise Applications Director are:
· Own, detail, and revise the data strategy for the enterprise
· Draft and maintain a roadmap of initiatives to build out the enterprise data platform consisting of analytics, reporting, and data warehouse
· Partner with business leadership to define reporting and analytics requirements
· Select and lead the implementation and management of business intelligence software
· Assist business analysts in their development of reports through training and expert support
· Design the logical data model for the organization and partner with engineering and enterprise application teams in defining data mappings
· Partner with engineering in the architecting and design of the enterprise data warehouse
· Define data sourcing requirements, from both internal and external sources, and partner with engineering and enterprise applications on the design of data integrations
· Design and lead a pragmatic data governance that focuses on roles & responsibilities
· Design and implement a data operations function that ensures timely and high-quality data availability. Define and track data operations metrics.
· Partner with information security, engineering, and legal to ensure data security, privacy, and regulatory compliance.
· Build and manage a team of business intelligence and data analysts to deploy, enhance, and maintain the enterprise data platform.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience with business intelligence and data management.
· Thrives in an environment of high pace and ambiguity.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
· Experience implementing and managing business intelligence software and data warehousing technologies.
· Strong business acumen, in particular with sales & marketing, finance, and supply chain
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills. Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms.
· Experienced with contract and vendor negotiations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.