Event Manager, Lacrosse
February 23, 2023
About the Company:
3STEP Sports is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring, and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
3STEP Sports is looking for an experienced Event Manager to assist in organizing a large portfolio of events across the lacrosse division. This position will support the division in all activities related to the execution of numerous youth lacrosse events throughout the country, including pre-event planning, on-site operations and execution, administrative duties, and customer service.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a person who embraces all facets of successful event execution and exudes a “can-do” attitude. The Event Manager will be expected to maintain regular office hours in the Maryland office during the week, but will also work weekend events throughout the year, requiring significant out-of-town travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of all aspects of event operations from start to finish, to include but not limited to: planning, communication, travel, logistics, setup/breakdown, on-site leadership, check-in, hospitality, merchandising, gameplay, scoring, award presentation, and dispute/conflict resolution.
- Hiring, supervising, and ensuring on time payment of event staff, volunteers, and field personnel.
- Assist in sales and marketing efforts including warm outbound sales calls, customer relationship management, email marketing, promotional partnerships, and advertising.
- Create, maintain, and update content on various communication platforms including website, registration systems, social media, and email marketing software.
- Assist in tournament divisional alignment, vendor requirements, facility permitting and payments, and creation of game schedules.
- Communicate with all stakeholders including staff, teams, coaches, referees, facilities, athletic trainers, vendors, and sponsors leading up to each event.
- Procurement of equipment rentals, shipping, supplies, apparel, branded assets, referees, athletic trainers, event staff, sponsors/vendors, and event partners.
- Support the 3STEP activation/marketing/sponsorship teams, external vendors, and media partners; fulfill event branding strategy with social media and other on-site promotional efforts.
- Oversee inventory and organization of warehouse.
- Create a positive event experience for the fans and participants.
- Oversee full-time, part-time, and temporary administrative and event staff.
Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 3+ years professional experience in sports event management, including supervisory responsibilities.
- Sports-specific experience in business administration, budgeting, marketing, sales, and operations.
- Strong technological skills, including database and document management proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills with teammates, external partners, and customers.
- Strong leadership, assertiveness, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and logical decisions, while paying attention to detail.
- Knowledge of lacrosse preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working long hours, weekends, outdoors, on your feet, and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Significant travel for events is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual salary commensurate with experience
- 11 paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
3STEP Sports is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.