Event Sales and Operations Manager, Lacrosse
April 12, 2022
About the Company:
3STEP Sports is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring, and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
3STEP Sports is looking for an outgoing, assertive, and personable Event Sales and Operations Manager to assist in both the sales and management of a large portfolio of events across the lacrosse division. This position will report to and assist the Director of Sales, Lacrosse in all activities related to the selling and execution of numerous youth lacrosse events, including connecting with potential customers, securing their participation, and assisting in the onsite execution of those events.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a person who embraces customer service and has a go-getter sales mentality. The Event Sales and Operations Manager will be expected to maintain regular office hours in either the Boston or Baltimore office during the week, but will also work weekend events throughout the year, requiring significant out-of-town travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure registrations for the assigned events via cold calls, emails, and networking campaigns in conjunction with the sales team strategies and internal marketing.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for customers.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Identify, explore, and research new sales opportunities and partnerships.
- Maintain accurate and timely sales reports, databases, etc.
- Work in lockstep with the various lacrosse brands as directed by the Director of Sales to ensure “one voice” for all sales and service processes and procedures.
- Have a complete understanding of our products & services.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies.
- Assist in aspects of event operations, to include but not limited to: travel, logistics, setup/breakdown, on-site leadership, check-in, hospitality, merchandising, gameplay, scoring, award presentation, and dispute/conflict resolution.
- Supervision of event staff, including event coordinators, volunteers, and field personnel.
- Communicate with all stakeholders including staff, teams, coaches, referees, facilities, athletic trainers, vendors, and sponsors leading up to each event.
- Create a positive event experience for the fans and participants.
Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 3+ years professional experience in sales, preferably lacrosse, including supervisory responsibilities.
- Sports-specific experience in business administration, sales, and operations.
- Goal-oriented with a history of quota achievement.
- Strong communication skills and a personable demeanor are paramount.
- Strong technological skills, including database and document management proficiency.
- Strong leadership, assertiveness, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and logical decisions, while paying attention to detail.
- Knowledge of lacrosse preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working long hours, weekends, outdoors, on your feet, and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Significant travel for events is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $50,000.00-$55,000.00 annual base salary range, commensurate with experience
- Sales commission/bonus structure available and to be discussed
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
3STEP Sports is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.