Girls Lacrosse Manager, New England
March 8, 2023
The Girls Manager, New England’s role is multi-faceted and demands and fosters a wide range of skills necessary to develop a thriving business. This is a hands-on role responsible for organizing, planning, coordinating, and executing a variety of tasks that involve day to day operational and lacrosse duties. Some of those responsibilities include business development, sales, marketing and creating robust lacrosse programs. This position is very involved in the implementation of effective training and development for young lacrosse players, including, coaching and assisting players with recruiting opportunities.
The Manager works with the Director of the market to identify and seize opportunities to expand and enhance the market by establishing new programming such as workshops and camps. The Manager is involved with some finance and budgeting. A strong lacrosse acumen, ability to create and retain a large customer service base, and the competitive drive to operate autonomously and remotely are also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates programs geared toward operational excellence.
- Assists in the day-to-day business operations and related activities of the market.
- Assists the director in the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies for the market.
- Builds sustainable relationships of trust with parents, coaches, players, vendors and employees with clear, honest communication, empathy and compassion, diligence, and politeness.
- Builds, improves, and retains a customer base.
- Assists with hiring and training qualified staff.
- Coaches and conducts training for Select, town/travel teams, workshops and camps.
- Attends regular team meetings and support peers, as needed.
- Works with differing attitudes, personalities and goals, of teams, players, parents and coaches.
- Holds players accountable and requires sportsmanlike conduct at all times.
- Manages complaints from players, parents, the public and others.
- Creates daily program agendas and implements a program curriculum.
- Acts as one of the main point of sales for the market.
- Makes expert recommendations to maximize player’s experience.
- Identifies and discusses new opportunities for business development.
- Reviews office, player and coach databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Present on the field for practices and training.
- Stays up to date on collegiate recruiting process at a national level and maintain relationships with college recruiters in all Divisions.
- Provides personalized recruiting support for high school players.
- Delivers a superior training experience to players and families not only through coaching, but also by offering a wealth of knowledge, tools and resources designed to enrich and educate the players and families.
- Creates and composes website content for market and sends to marketing for approval.
- Reviews website content to ensure the information is accurate for upcoming programs.
- Assists the Director of the market with annual budgeting and planning processes for lacrosse.
- Manages and monitors budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established budget guidelines.
- Oversees short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Highly organized with a great attention to detail. Should be able to provide accurate written materials.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Maintains expert lacrosse skills, training and instruction methods for youth, including safety.
- Exceptional level of articulation, drive, and determination.
- Multi-tasks in a fast-paced high intensity work environment.
- High energy, passionate and driven to be successful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, CRM, and other database software.
- Read, write, and speak Standard English.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are non-traditional and will include evenings and weekends. Hours can be expected to be upward of 12 hours/day especially during tournaments, events, the summer and fall seasons, and other programs throughout the year.
Travel is expected for this position.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
3STEP Sports is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.