Lead Data Engineer
July 27, 2022
3STEP Sports is looking for an experienced and highly qualified Lead Data Engineer. 3STEP Sports is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 3.2 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
The Lead Data Engineer is responsible for the implementation and management of the data platform as part of the larger analytics ecosystem. As a member of the IT leadership team, the Senior Data Engineer is an influential role, leading strategic technology initiatives, managing key stakeholder relationships, and developing the foundational analytics data architecture. The role may have also the opportunity to build and manage a small team of internal resources in the future as the team grows.
Please note that this role is entirely in-person, at the company’s headquarters in Andover, MA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and be the primary developer of the foundational data platform that will enable 3Step employees and partners to be more data driven.
- Create the strategy for how data is ingested into the cloud data warehouse (Snowflake). This could include custom code, or native data extraction tools/integrations.
- Combine, cleanse, and enhance data from internal applications and 3rd party partners into analytics-ready data models
- Fully manage all data infrastructure including data transformation, orchestration and monitoring
- Determine the vision for how 3Step uses data in the future by leading data initiatives – this could potentially including reverse ETL and/or data driven products
- 5+ years experience in SQL in at least 1 programming language (python preferred)
- 5+ years experience designing, building, and maintaining advanced data pipelines /ETL architecture
- 3+ years experience in at least 1 cloud data warehouse (Snowflake preferred) and at least 1 cloud platform (GCP preferred)
- Nice to have – experience with AirByte (data extraction), DBT (data transformation), and Tableau (data visualization)
- Experience working with business partners and management to promote transition to new platforms and processes
- Ability to work hands-on while at the same time bring higher-level strategic thinking to the business challenges
- Thrives in an environment of high pace and ambiguity. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Superior program and project management capabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.