Manager, Operations – Lacrosse
July 19, 2021
The Manager, Operations is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of business processes, functions, and procedures. This position will manage, actively participate in, and support ongoing enhancements, and development efforts for new and / or improved programs, processes and policies. By assisting with the development and implementation of various systems and maintaining positive relationships with vendors, clients, and internal staff the Manager will help the organization function effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the organization — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, and business processes.
- Assist Operations, HR, Marketing, and Finance by improving the effectiveness and efficiency of different functions in each department to improve the coordination and communication between headquarters and the regional offices.
- Play a role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Drive initiatives from the management team to the regional offices that contribute to operational excellence.
People Development and Performance
- Continuously improve and execute the onboarding and off-boarding processes.
- Develop a regional employee communications plan in conjunction with the Regional Director’s, Operations, HR, Marketing, and Finance to facilitate communications.
- Provide advice and support to regional employees in the development of corporate initiatives.
- Provide assistance with the dissemination of new HR policies, processes, forms, etc. to regional offices.
- Meet with employees to ensure that procedures and processes are considered value added, measurable, and directly tied to business objectives.
- Develop constructive working relationships with all other company employees in order to foster, aid, and promote a cooperative and harmonious work climate which will be conducive to maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Determine the best mechanism(s) to train and educate the end users.
- Conduct, evaluate and improve onboarding and off-boarding processes.
- Troubleshoot day to day issues and develop solutions, and process enhancements to mitigate future problems.
- Identify potential problems and create contingency plans for when problems, unexpected issues, etc., occur.
- Review office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning processes as appropriate.
- Develop and improve manuals for field operations, players and parents.
- Determine the best ways to disseminate manuals to field operations, players, and parents.
- Assist each region with budgeting.
- Review revenue and expense adherence to budget after every program.
- Conduct audits to confirm the appropriate paperwork has been completed for IC’s.
- Conduct background checks for new IC’s and rerun background checks for IC’s every two years
- Identify and discuss new opportunities for business development designed to increase participation in programs.
- Act as website designer and editor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to pay attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through on commitment.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs.
- Hands on, roll up your sleeves mentality.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve in an ever-changing environment.
- Energy, enthusiasm and positive spirit – confident without arrogance.
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit – will do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmly and effectively under pressure from time constraints and deadlines.
- Willing to help any region or department for the betterment of the families and the team.
- Excellent web/digital media project management and experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and an excellent team player.
- Outstanding relationship building skills with the ability to consistently demonstrate a positive and collaborative approach; comfortable working with remote locations.
- Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Stellar time-management skills even when frequent interruptions and/or distractions exist.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel frequently.
This position may supervise office coordinators.
This job operates in a professional office environment and also in an outdoor environment during events. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy. Factors could include noise at sporting events, interacting with the public and other teams. This position requires travel with the team to scheduled sporting events. Evening and weekend work is required to support lacrosse events and/or special projects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are non-traditional and will include evenings and weekends. Hours can be expected to be upward of 16 hours/day especially during tournaments, events, the summer season and other programs throughout the year.
Travel is expected for this position; Travels extensively by vehicle for commuting to tournaments, practices, workshops, etc.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- 4 to 5 years in an office environment.
- Minimum of 1 year management experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Experience in Operations and Management.