Regional Player Development Director – West Coast
January 10, 2022
Football University (FBU, LLC) with 3STEP Sports is seeking a Regional Player Development Director – West Coast.
3STEP Sports is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
Role Purpose: Represent FBU in its market outreach efforts to recruit athletes, coaches, youth teams and parents to participate in FBU: FBU Regional Camps, FBU Middle School National Championship Tournament, FBU Futures Showcase, FBU Freshman All-American Bowl, National Combine and All-American Bowl on NBC.
- Key Accountabilities: The Regional Player Development Director is responsible for cultivating and sustaining relationships in defined market territories with HS coaches (Varsity, JV, and Freshman Head Coaches and Position Coaches), Youth League Presidents, Board Members, Coaches, Team Moms, Training/Development Facility owners and staff, and other persons and entities involved with HS or Youth football (e.g., regional, or local combine companies). Market territories is the West Coast region. (AZ, UT, CO, NV, CA, OR, WA & surrounding areas)
Recruit and inspire a team of scouts, and regional representatives to support outreach efforts in each market.
Ability to relate to and inspire kids.
- Passion for helping kids succeed and enhance the unique ability of FBU to deliver on that commitment
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed stipulated sales goals
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Drive/discipline and organizational ability to research, initiate, and cultivate relationships on a constant sustained basis
- Ability to relate to and communicate with adults (coaches/presidents/parents) and athletes
- Credibility on football activity, understanding of structure of HS and youth football in US
- Willingness to be held accountable for activities daily and discipline and professionalism to execute
- Willingness to travel into territories on a regular basis—up to three weeks/month
- Must have the ability to prospect and close sales
- 3-5 years of working in Youth Football Leagues as a Coach or Admin
- 3-5 years of High School Coaching or working with High School Football Teams
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and on the phone
- Strong presentation/performance skills to make formal presentations of FBU activities
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, and Excel; ability to utilize and master CRM and time management software
Employment: Full time
Office Location: Office from home – West Coast Region
- Base Salary plus Commission
- Health Benefits, 401k with Match, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance/AD&D, PTO, 11 Paid Holidays per Year
Position Reports to: National Player Development Director
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.