3STEP Sports is looking for a Sales & Operations Specialist to work with our All-Academic Basketball unit. 3STEP is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
All-Academic Basketball is a fast-growing camp & showcase series based out of Wilmington, MA. A part of 3STEP Sports, the nation’s largest grassroots event operator, AAB is poised to continue its growth as part of the largest grassroots basketball network in the country. Operating events in 10+ states over the course of the year including an All-American Game at the Final Four, AAB is a great place to grow your basketball network, make an impact in the space and work with the present & future leaders of our industry.
Past employees in this role have gone on to pursue careers in college & professional basketball both in coaching and front-office roles. Locations include Arizona State, Texas, UMass, VCU, Marquette, East Carolina, Florida Gulf Coast, Miami Dolphins, IMG Academy & more.
This role is involved in every aspect of AAB’s planning of events and will have a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to: market strategy, scheduling, operations, logistics, marketing, pricing strategy, customer relationship management, on-site operations and much more.
● Responsible for communicating with all major customers and selling showcase slots to both individual customers and group accounts.
● Working directly with All-Academic Basketball’s Managing Director on market strategy including, but not limited to: setting season schedules, projecting facility/uniform needs, implementing new market & social media strategies.
● Assisting with venue/facility setup and breakdown. Acting as an on-site director at events and tournaments each weekend throughout different seasons for both AAB & partner organizations.
● Working with strategic partners to penetrate new markets
● Recruit a high level staff for each event, typically made up of top collegiate & prep school coaches
● Recruit top local talent, media & scouting outlets to attend events
● Drive revenue growth through building/maintaining strong customer relationships
● Ability to communicate with multiple departments (marketing, operations, accounting, human resources on any needs for your circuit)
• Major in Sport Management, Business, Marketing, or a related field
• Background in sales or customer relationship management.
• Ability to be a leader and communicate with multiple people across departments
• Ability to work in an extremely demanding, fast-paced environment
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Prior event management experience
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Able to work extended hours including weekends
• Willing to travel frequently to various locations including the New England, Tri-State, Mid-Atlantic or Southern Regions
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jason Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.