April 18, 2023
3STEP Sports, LLC is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 3.2 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring, and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
This role is located in-person at the company’s headquarters in Andover, MA
The Senior Accountant will assist in the company’s daily and monthly accounting functions. The role will report directly to the Accounting Supervisor and will support the 3 Step Accounting function while working as part of the broader team.
Overall, the role will:
- Essential team member in the month end close process to ensure timely and accurate production of the financial statements
- Prepare month end journal entries, schedules, accruals, prepaids, account reconciliations, and other related tasks.
- Analyze and provide commentary on balance sheet and income statement account fluxes and budget variances.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the flow of data and general ledger structure.
- Identify and drive opportunities for process improvements.
- Research, resolve and close outstanding items timely.
- Support year-end external financial statement audit.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal team on accounting related impact.
- Complete other ad hoc requests to assist the broader accounting team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- CPA certification a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word).
- Advanced knowledge of NetSuite and/or other similar systems.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business, including non-finance individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work hard with a positive attitude.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class