Senior Human Resources Business Partner
December 30, 2022
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing Human Resources business partnership and services that align business strategies of 3STEP Sports into practical HR/People-oriented strategic and operational plans. Results are achieved through business aligned, professional and practical communication, influence and leadership skills. Major areas of responsibility include building solid and trusting business relationships with partner groups and across the organization, administering human resources activities and programs to include staffing, compensation and benefits, training and employee relations, and coaching leaders and employees while staying close to organizational health at all levels. 3STEP uses the PEO solution provided by Insperity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with company objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Manages hiring process, including but not limited to creation and placement of job announcements, initial vetting of candidates, providing management with interview and hiring recommendations, conducting background and reference checks, issuing job confirmation letters, employment agreements, and other internal communication, and onboarding onto Insperity.
- Training management-level and above employees on interviewing candidates and talent assessment.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees; communicates findings to management.
- Coordinates and/or conducts employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee retention and recognition programs.
- Implements and manages the performance review process.
- Assesses Insperity training modules to determine training programs relevant to our employee base and beneficial to achieving company goals.
- Maintains the accuracy of the employee handbook and other employee resources.
- Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts or assists in investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations.
- Coordinates administration for various Leaves and workers’ compensation and unemployment claims.
- Assists in administration of company compensation and benefits programs.
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, Excel).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal and communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Maintains absolute discretion in matters of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Insperity a plus.
- HR credentials a plus, PHR or above. Or working towards certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.