Senior Manager, Events, Aloha Lacrosse
January 11, 2021
Job Title: Senior Manager, Events, Aloha Lacrosse
3 Step Sports is looking for an energetic and experienced Senior Manager to oversee the Aloha Lacrosse brand portfolio and office as part of the 3 Step Lacrosse Division. The Senior Manager will oversee all activities related to the execution of 20+ youth lacrosse events including; strategy, financial planning, marketing/sales, operations, administration and customer service. Our 2021 tournament season will consist of boys and girls’ lacrosse tournaments and showcases throughout the United States, including the World Series of Youth Lacrosse championship which is played in a collegiate stadium and broadcast live on ESPN2. Our events annually attract 25,000 players and their families to participate in an unparalleled youth sports experience. For more information about our portfolio of youth lacrosse events, please visit us at www.threestep.com, www.alohatournaments.com and www.worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com. The position reports to the Director of Events of the Lacrosse Division.
This position is, above all, a manager who embraces all facets of successful event execution. The Senior Manager must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task on site in a fast-paced environment. She/he must be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. The Senior Manager will maintain regular office hours in Timonium, MD during most weeks but will also work 12+ weekend events throughout the year, several which require out-of-town travel. This is a fast-paced and dynamic position with a variety of roles and a significant amount of responsibility. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee planning events from start to finish, from conceptualization to execution.
- Manage an office and team of 5+ employees based in the Timonium office.
- Coordinate aspects of operations, administration and logistics for each event.
- Drive sales and marketing efforts including outbound sales calls, customer relationship management, email marketing, promotional partnerships and advertising.
- Maintain and update content on various communication platforms including websites, registration systems, social media and email marketing software.
- Manage communications with all stakeholders including staff, teams, coaches, referees, facilities, athletic trainers, vendors and sponsors leading up to each event.
- Manage in tournament divisional alignment and create game schedules.
- Manage procurement of equipment rentals, shipping, supplies, apparel, branded assets, referees, athletic trainers, event staff, sponsors/vendors and event partners.
- Manage preparation and transportation of supplies, equipment, branding, administrative materials merchandise for each event; manage inventory and organization of warehouse.
- Reports to the Director of Events, 3Step Lacrosse
- Supervise event staff, including event coordinators and field personnel.
- Ensure fun and safe environment for all players, coaches, spectators and employees.
- Support in managing all aspects of event operations from start to finish: travel, logistics, setup/breakdown, check-in, hospitality, merchandising, gameplay, scoring, trophy presentation and dispute/conflict resolution.
- Support in activation with sponsors, vendors and media partners; fulfill event branding strategy with social media and other on-site promotional efforts.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in event operations, athletics or a similar role.
- Management experience with proven decision-making ability.
- Extremely organized and process-oriented with a high attention to detail.
- Background in lacrosse or other sports is preferred.
- Strong technology skills; proficient in MS Office, website management, social media and digital marketing platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Sports Management, Events & Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, or other related fields).
- Willingness to travel, perform physical labor and work on weekends.
Qualified Candidates should send Cover Letters and Resumes to Mike Bartlett: email@example.com