Staff Accountant, Payroll
April 4, 2022
3STEP Sports is looking for a Staff Accountant for Payroll too assist in the company’s payroll process as well as accounts payable.. 3STEP Sports is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
This role is fulltime in-person at the company’s headquarters in Wilmington, MA.
- Essential team member in the payroll processes and accounts payable.
- Process, record, and analyze bi-monthly salary payroll and weekly part-time payroll for 500+ employees.
- Process needed G/L journal entries related to payroll and benefits in ERP system.
- Partner with the Human Resources department to stay up to date with changes within the company to accurately pay all employees.
- Maintain employee records in ERP and T&E systems.
- Manage corporate credit cards, including coding to appropriate projects and general ledger accounts and processing payments on a timely basis.
- Retain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure for accuracy, proper general ledger coding, and in accordance with company policies.
- Review, post, and pay monthly employee expense reports.
- Review and recommend best practices regarding accounting procedures to improve accounts payable processes.
- Research, resolve and clear outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Complete other ad hoc requests to assist the Accounting Supervisor and/or Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 0-4+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with payroll a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word).
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks, NetSuite and/or other similar systems.
- Knowledge with Insperity a plus
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business, including non-finance individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work hard with a positive attitude.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.