September 2, 2021
3STEP is looking for a Staff Accountant to actively support the Accounting Department and the organization as we continue to grow. 3STEP has consolidated the youth sports industry to provide brands the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way. The 3STEP reach spans 40+ states and currently serves more than 2.5 million athletes across eight sports. We deliver a premier, inspiring and authentic experience – dedicated to perfecting every aspect of the athlete funnel. Encompassing industry-leading tournaments, nationally spanning club programs, premier media content and more, 3STEP is the standard of the youth sports experience.
This role is located in-person at the company’s headquarters in Wilmington, MA.
The Staff Accountant will assist in the company’s daily and monthly accounting functions. The role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will support the 3 Step Accounting function while working as part of the broader team.
Overall, the role will:
- Essential team member in the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting on the general ledger and results.
- Prepare month end journal entries, account reconciliations, and reporting for assigned focus areas.
- Analyze and provide balance sheet and income statement account variances for management.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the reporting and general ledger structure while ensuring the company in compliance with GAAP.
- Review and recommend best practices regarding accounting procedures to improve month end close processes.
- Research, resolve and clear outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested.
- Complete other ad hoc requests to assist other accounting team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 0-2+ years of relevant experience.
- CPA certification a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word).
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, NetSuite and/or other similar systems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business, including non-finance individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work hard with a positive attitude.