Zero Gravity Basketball – Regional Director
November 3, 2021
Zero Gravity Basketball is a youth basketball event operator based out of Wilmington, MA and is the national leader of grassroots events. Originally founded in the Northeast, Zero Gravity has rapidly expanded to a national brand that will host over 250 events in 25 different states in 2021. Zero Gravity plans and manages basketball tournaments, leagues, prep school showcases, clinics and camps for children and young adults to expand their academics through athletic participation. Zero Gravity has many established partnerships including Adidas, USA Basketball and the Jr. NBA.
Zero Gravity is a key event operator within 3STEP Sports, the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation, providing brands with the ability to impact more athletes than ever in a unique and authentic way.
Regional Directors are involved in every aspect of Zero Gravity’s planning of tournaments/circuits and will have a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to: market strategy, scheduling, operations, logistics, pricing strategy, customer relationship management, on-site operations, managing a full-time and part-time staff, and much more.
• Responsible for communicating with all major customers and selling events/tournament slots to customers and teams.
• Working directly with Zero Gravity’s CFO on market strategy including, but not limited to: setting season schedules, projecting facility needs, implementing new market strategies
• Scheduling events within region and in some instances multiple events in a given week.
• Registering and collecting payments from our vast customer base on a weekly basis
• Assisting with venue/facility setup and breakdown each week. Acting as a Tournament Director at events and tournaments each weekend throughout our different seasons.
• Manage a full-time staff of 3-4 people and part-time staff of 2-3 interns throughout the year.
• Drive revenue growth through building/maintaining strong customer relationships
• Communicate with multiple departments (marketing, operations, accounting, Human Resources) on any needs for your region.
• Major in Sport Management, Business, Marketing, or a related field
• A minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in a full-time capacity
• Background in sales or customer relationship management.
• Ability to be a leader in office setting and communicate with multiple people across departments
• Ability to work in an extremely demanding, fast-paced environment
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Prior event management experience
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Able to work extended hours including nights and weekends
• Willing to travel frequently to various locations including the New England, Tri-State, Mid-Atlantic or Southern Regions
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Scott Geerling at email@example.com.
About Zero Gravity Basketball
Zero Gravity was born out of the need for every team at every grade level, boys & girls, in each club basketball program, to have a fun and professional tournament experience each week. We have a SIMPLE MISSION: every basketball player (boy or girl) can play on a great stage, against the appropriate competition, in great venues with safe atmospheres, in an organized fashion on a weekly basis.
CUSTOMER SERVICE is our #1 priority before, during and after each tournament. We focus on the experience of the PLAYERS, COACHES, TEAM-SUPPORTERS & PROGRAM DIRECTORS. Paying close attention to all these groups is vitally important to fulfilling OUR MISSION & PROMISE to deliver a circuit of exceptional basketball tournament weekend experiences. Zero Gravity provides the ability to plan a club’s tournament season and outfit programs in high quality Adidas basketball gear and apparel.
- In the rapidly changing world of technology & social media, ZG takes pride in being on the cutting edge of grassroots technology. From our scheduling systems, means of communication to our customers & exposure through social media we take pride in constantly being on top of trends & the high paced realities of technology in our world today. Zero Gravity has become the destination for “every team” in grassroots club basketball, from the elementary school developmental team to the High School team competing on the National level, along with the coaches, program directors & team supporters that provide & share the experience with them!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.